This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/6/2018
UTi Worldwide Inc.
The Warehouse Supervisor has the general responsibility of leading, coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Supervisors are an integral part of the Leadership Team and are expected to communicate with all levels of staff within the operation, facilitate effective relationships between all departments and focus on continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for the supervision of receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
* Must be willing to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends, as required by business demands and management.
* Supervise and coordinate inbound and outbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipment in accordance with the required levels of productivity.
* Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all products are properly counted.
* Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
* Participate in establishing work schedules. Ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
* Must perform monthly process and safety audits.
* Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
* Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety and in accordance with OSHA and MSDS standards.
* Direct the operations of the warehouse work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
* In collaboration with the Operations Manager and develop and maintain a productive work team by reducing overtime and temporary labor while maintaining a work force that is conscious of both housekeeping and safety.
* Ensure that all associates complete OJT and skills test and document all training.
* Create and manage programs to keep tools and equipment in designated areas; schedule cleaning of equipment; store product in neat straight rows inside painted perimeters.
* Help ensure current and accurate inventory control through the managing of shipping and receiving guidelines
* Other duties or responsibilities as requested or assigned by Management.
* Ensure work instructions and equipment operations are followed.
* Ensure compliance of policies and procedures.
* Develop, motivate and evaluate associates to ensure effective and efficient operation of the job process.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
* 1-3 years of work experience and/or combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
* None required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* High PC proficiency in: Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Effective communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
* Demonstrated skills in associate supervision and interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others.
* Solid organizational and customer service skills to effectively manage multiple priorities.
* Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision and pay strong attention to detail, accuracy, and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
* Knowledge of Logistical Supply Chain methods and procedures
* Knowledge of inventory control
* Prior experience directing using warehouse management systems
* Prior experience in inventory reconciliation
* Prior forklift experience and must be able to pass written and practical evaluation.
* College degree preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The associate also occasionally lifts and/or moves objects up to 70 pounds from knee high to slightly overhead. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The duties of this job are performed in a working distribution center that is not temperature controlled.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information provided above is intended to be representative of the essential functions performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific task or function will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
It is the policy of the Company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, liability for military service, or any other factor prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.