This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/25/2017
Columbia Distributing Co
JOB DESCRIPTIONColumbia Distributing is one of the nation's largest malt beverage, wine and non-alcoholic distributors. Our success is based on the fact that we never lose sight of delivering what are really important--quality products, timely service, and a genuine concern for our customers' needs. And we succeed because of the enthusiasm and dedication our employees bring to their jobs every day. Whether it's their dedication to our customers, their dedication to the communities we serve, or their dedication to each other--it's the people who work here that make it such a great place to work.
When you work for Columbia Distributing, you are part of a progressive, growing organization with a reputation for high quality products and services. We are hardworking, dedicated, men and women who have set out to become the nation's top distributor.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, RX
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Family and Medical Leave Act
* 401(k) Plan
* Educational Assistance Program
* Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
Columbia is currently seeking a motivated, customer service-minded leader to fill a day/night split-shift (11AM to 8PM) spot in our Operations Department. As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will directly manage upwards of 10 or more employees and be responsible for the execution of a wide range of tasks in support of our strategic plan.
* Supervise the receipt, storage, order filling, and loading/transfer of inventory.
* Provide leadership and motivation to warehouse associates. Communicate effectively with associates and create an open communication style that fosters a collaborative work environment. Lead team pre-shift and departmental meetings.
* Assist management in problem solving and coordinating projects.
* Recruit, train, and develop department associates. Short term coverage planning for staffing requirements and resource allocations.
* Conduct associate performance reviews and ongoing performance discussions. Monitor and record productivity, accuracy, and safety metrics for assigned work areas.
* Administer safety programs and ensure OSHA compliance. Communicate and administer policies and procedures in assigned area.
* Demonstrate an understanding of Lean principles and use the principals to lead continuous improvement with the warehouse team.
* Ensure the physical condition of the warehouse is conducive to a healthy and safe working environment.
* The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
* Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company's Core Values (accountability, integrity, respect, and trust) at all times.
* A bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain, business administration, or similar discipline preferred
* High School diploma or GED Required
* Material handling equipment (MHE) certification/s
* Possess and maintain a valid driver license
* Relevant distribution/warehouse production experience
* Prior supervisory and/or management experience
*education may be considered in lieu of experience
* Strong computer skills: understanding of ERP systems and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access)
* Knowledge of inventory and supply chain management principles and techniques
* Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong Leadership skills
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
1. Push/Pull 35 lbs. repetitively, moving kegs up to 165 lbs.
3. Bend/Stoop/Crouch/Squat/use arms/wrists/hands/grasp
4. Work indoors and outdoors
5. Use of MHE (sleds, forklifts, powered/manual pallet jacks)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled