Warehouse Worker 8 am to 5 pm
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
DIXON VALVE & COUPLING
JOB DESCRIPTIONDixon is looking for a Warehouse Specialist to join its distribution team in Chestertown, MD. Candidates should have experience working in a warehouse or distribution environment but we will train the right person. You will work as a member of our distribution team performing a variety of duties anywhere in the warehouse. Your primary focus will be to pick customer orders and branch tickets where needed.
Make the Right Connection with Dixon!
At Dixon, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nation s heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will include:
* Works as a member of the Distribution team performing general warehouse duties
* Packing, pulling/checking customer orders, branch transfers and export orders
* Break down inbound freight
* Take received freight and put away in the pick system
* May operate hand and power equipment for material handling
* Special projects as needed
What you need to be able to do:
* Have a basic understanding of how to use a computer
* Use basic mathematics
* Stand for long periods of time
* Attention to detail
* Take directions and follow instructions
* Lift and maneuver 70 lbs. consistently over the course of a shift
* Work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
* Competently operate a scanner running the Dixon WMS program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Employment at DVCC, Inc. is contingent upon the candidate's ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, drug screening and physical capabilities test.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status and any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity