Wealth Advisor 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Wealth Advisor
This position serves as the primary point of contact and is responsible for the acquisition of all new external Investment Management and Fiduciary / Trust (IM&T) clients. This position also partners with the Relationship Mangers (RMs) on all internal IM&T sales opportunities, referrals and book of business reviews. Additional responsibilities include supporting the KPB team when opportunities arise to expand the share of wallet of existing clients thru appropriate offerings of KPB IM&T products and services. In addition to having established COIs in their market(s) this position will develop centers of influence in the market(s) that can be leveraged into profitable relationships. Responsible for providing an optimal level of service by meeting or exceeding client and prospect expectations. Builds and nurtures relationships by developing prospecting ideas, building a pipeline and generating sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The role of the Wealth Advisor (WA) is to prospect and sell new clients as well as assist with expanding existing client relationships through parternship with the RM(s). Inherent in this role is the capacity to understand current industry trends and issues. The WA must maintain a high level of understanding of Key s investment management and trust products to ensure the best and most appropriate solutions are offered to prospects and clients. This position collaborates and performs as part of the relationship management team to execute the client strategy. The WA will be responsible for delivering and optimizing the wealth sales process, including but not limited to the following:
* Serves as the primary point of contact for all external IM&T sales opportunities.
* Masters an effective first contact strategy and phone approach.
* Understands what differentiates Key Private Bank (KPB) and develops a unique sales approach that differentiates Key from the rest of the marketplace.
* Effectively understands and prospects within the most productive market niches.
* Effectively masters the ability to ask questions and qualify prospects early in the sales process.
Pipeline and Opportunity Management
* Meets or exceeds monthly success metrics and keeps a robust and monitored pipeline that is reviewed regularly with the Sales and Market Managers.
* Partners with the RM on all internal IM&T sales opportunites, including the closing of the deal.
* Fully understands and executes the level of activity necessary to achieve sales goals.
* Teams with the RM(s) to uncover opportunities in existing books of business.
* Ensures that products and services are delivered in the proper channel through field offices.
* Generates leads by utilizing all resources including desktop, community networks, COIs, LOBs, product partners, KNB, MM, etc.
* Utilizes letters, articles, voicemail, seminars and client events to sell our services.
Maximize the Sales Call Opportunity
* Follows disciplined pre-call preparation.
* Becomes proficient at uncovering what will motivate a prospect to purchase our services.
* Be masterful at asking questions to uncover time, budget and resource issues.
* Be masterful at gaining commitment by the decision makers.
* Execute disciplined post-call debrief process, effective follow up and pipeline management.
Present to Close
* Fully understands strengths and weaknesses of clients current provider and their decision making process.
* Presents appropriate solutions to decision makers and obtains a clear yes, no or next step.
* Executes on appropriate signed documents and develops client relationship team and process.
* Sets initial strategy, introduces all new clients to Relationship Managers and set expectations for onboarding and servicing by the KPB team.
* Collaborates and performs as part of the relationship management team to assure that the team sales goals are met by executing the client strategy.
Exceed Client Expectations
* Provides ongoing contact with new clients to enhance client s initial experience with Key.
* Fully develops relationships to uncover additional services to be provided.
* Regularly asks satisfied clients for introductions to others they know who may need our services.
* Participate in KeyCorp s commitment to the community.
* This position is responsible for either meeting or exceeding assigned individual and team sales goals which can include expanding existing client business, referrals and or new business growth.
* Comprehensive understanding of the financial services industry, with broad and deep knowledge of investment and trust products and services.
* Proven established COI relationships in assigned market.
* Proven sales and negotiations skills coupled with the ability to work on a team.
* 5 plus years of professional experience within the investment services industry.
* 3 plus years of investment management and trust sales experience.
* Strong consulting, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* BA or equivalent with a specialty in finance, accounting, economics, related field or equivalent experience.
* Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver clear and effective client sales presentations.
* CFP, JD, CPA, CFA, CWS and or CIMA
* MBA or Graduate Degree
Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
About the Business
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
KeyCorp is an Equal
Additional BenefitsPaid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Short-term Medical Leave
Banking Products Discounts
Matching Gift Program
Education Assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Commuter Benefits Program