This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/29/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONPrimary Responsibilities
- Performs pipeline construction, repairs, hydro testing and in-service welding per API 1104 requirements.
- Performs welding, welder helper support, safety support, and manual labor support for in-house pipeline construction crew.
- Other duties assigned may include equipment operation and to serve as the crew's project point person.
- Responds to all emergency incidents.
- Performs repairs on equipment, valves, pipelines and appurtenances.
- Maintains cleanliness and general appearance of facilities, surrounding work areas, office, assigned vehicle, and crew equipment.
- Must successfully complete skill verification for all required duties.
- Accurately maintains records for required state and federal regulations and company procedures.
- Participates in all crew administrative duties.
- Utilizes computers, computer programs, e-mail and cell phones for internal and external functions.
- Actively participates in crew activities such as cost forecasting, operational and project planning, scheduling, problem resolution, work prioritization, time management, decision-making, vendor and material procurement.
- Performs work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Pipeline construction and maintenance experience (5 years), involving all aspects of welding for new and in-service pipelines, fabrications and hydro testing. API 1104 tested and certified.
- Hold a CDL drivers classification.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative, construction crew environment that includes shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with others, supporting team and company objectives, and a willingness to work in all areas required by the crew.
- Candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency, individual responsibility, and willingness to accept constantly changing priorities, and to work in an environment where compensation is tied to performance and skill level.
- ASME Stainless welding.
- AWS/CWI is desirable.
- Hydrostatic testing experience.
- Experience in pipeline operation and maintenance.
- Mobile work equipment operation.
- Equipment transport using semi-tractor trailers.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements
- Subject to hazardous conditions including escaping natural gas, adverse weather conditions and temperatures, heights, high pressures, heavy lifting, and cramped conditions.
- Must be able to work in remote locations, often working alone.
- Crew assignments are project oriented and travel requirements are extensive.
- Candidate can anticipate 75+% travel.
- Subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and extended workdays and work weeks.
- Required to carry a cell phone and computer.
- Required to live within 45 minutes of the reporting location.
- Must have a proven safe driving record and incumbent is subject to U.S. Department of Transportation Drug & Alcohol related regulations.
- New hires to the Company will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Disability/ Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications