O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBG (Www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
* Applies comprehensive skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment as appropriate to area of specialization.
* General knowledge of MIG (GMAW), TIG (GTAW), Flux-core (FCAW) and Stick (SMAW) welding processes.
* Welds/threads metal parts in any position (to include carbon plate and pipe) together using appropriate processes and performs related tasks such as cutting and grinding.
* Fabricates carbon plate and I beam material parts from sketches/blueprints by operating basic machine shop equipment and utilizing working knowledge of materials characteristics.
* Maintains proper operation of equipment (presses, burning tables, lathes, mills, pipe cutters, etc.) by monitoring equipment operation and advising supervisor of needed repairs.
* Prepare product for painting by blasting and smoothing.
* Ability to drill, punch, bevel and grind a variety of materials positioned in any manner.
* Visits job sites to gain field experience, broaden background, and develop practical engineering skills.
* Performs quality checks on others work to ensure dimension accuracy and integrity of welds.
* Performs all work in compliance with established safety procedures.
* Participates actively in creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite.
* Adheres to the policies and standards set forth in the Firm s Quality Management System.
Skills & Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Typically 0-3 years of relevant experience.
* Knowledge of welding techniques using both oxygen and gas.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills and willingness to continuously improve.
* Ability to wear protective clothing, goggles, helmets with protective lenses, etc.
* Ability to lift 50lbs.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.