Welding and Fabrication Tech 109 9/19/2017
Waste Pro, USA
Fort Myers, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Excellent Hourly Rate and Retention Bonus Potential
The pay range for this position is $17 - $20 per hour and there is an $800 retention bonus available to be paid out in quarterly increments of $200 per quarter in the first year of employment.
Waste Pro of FL is seeking to hire an experienced welder / fabricator. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance, a 401k plan and PTO.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The welder performs repairs and maintenance to equipment parts, vehicles and roll-off containers. Paints repaired and/or new containers.
1. Performs repairs and maintenance on front and rear load, and roll-off containers. Cuts/welds repairs to vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails, fabrication.
2. Welds steel and aluminum components using MIG gun and arc welding equipment.
3. Bends steel components using a break ad shear.
4. Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
5. Fabricates steel components on trucks and containers.
6. Installs lids and wheels on containers.
7. Paints repaired and/or new containers.
8. Sweeps up the container shop welding debris, grease, working environment, takes out the garbage and ensure that the shop is keep clean and safe on a daily basis.
9. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
10. Completes required paperwork.
11. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions- The statements above are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
* Inside facility, outside environment exposed to weather and vibrations from trucks and maintenance facility. Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
* One year welding experience.
* Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
* Valid driver license.
Physical Requirements (but not limited to)
* Push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, climbing ladder, and overhead reaching.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.