Well Surveillance Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONOccidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Well Surveillance Lead within our Permian Resources group.
The Well Surveillance Lead directly supervises a team of Production Well Analysts, Lift Specialists, and Production Facility Analysts that focuses on optimal well surveillance processes (producers and injectors). This individual is also responsible for facilitating alignment and allocation of resources and work activities with Asset Surface, Downhole and Reservoir teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Sets direction and strategy to ensure optimal well surveillance processes (producers and injectors).
* Improvement opportunities and gaps. Facilitates alignment and allocation of resources.
* Coach, motivate and develop staff in order to improve their skills and enable them to fulfill job requirements.
* Creates an environment for team members to make the day-to-day decisions while providing the tools, training and support needed to make those decisions.
* Accountable for knowing and complying with all applicable regulations, safety policies and company HES training requirements.
* Responsible for key performance metrics: production volumes, injection volumes, well associated downtime, failure rates, percent of suboptimal producers, percent of sub optimal injectors, expense/cost estimation, total spend per barrel.
* Develops and analyzes KPI s for consistent well servicing standards and operational measures and to identify improvement opportunities and gaps
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent operational experience in downhole service applications.
* A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in operations and well surveillance.
* Excellent understanding of all well surveillance technical aspects.
* Understands downhole designs, specifications and equipment.
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to business / financial / economic analysis and planning.
* Demonstrated ability to develop others professional and technical skills through performance management (i.e. goal setting, coaching/feedback, training/development).
* Problem solving skills with ability to analyze and recommend solutions on problems of high complexity.
* Demonstrated ability to drive results in self and others.
* Demonstrates Oxy s core values of Integrity, Creativity/Innovation and Empowerment/Collaboration
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status