Winter 2018 Co-Op, Software Engineer, Infrastructure 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
WINTER 2018 C-OP, SOFTWARE ENGINEER, INFRASTRUCTURE
Locations: San Francisco, CA, Bellevue, WA
*Multiple positions available*
This is your time to shine. Our Software Engineering Interns are considered full time employees by their peers--in fact, you will be expected to contribute right away as a member of our Scrum teams for future releases. You will design, code, and operate services that reach the millions of users who use our applications everyday, solving hard infrastructure problems with code. Our interns don't sit on the sidelines and enjoy the view -- they change the way our customers connect their business to the world!
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will join one of the teams in our Infrastructure cloud. These teams design the hardware and software the underlies all facets of salesforce.com. This includes many areas, including:
* Hardware design, diagnostics, and repair
* Database engine
* Compute fabric - Kubernetes and docker, CI/CD, virtualization
* Block and blob scale-out storage
* Network fabric for edge, backbone and inside of our data centers
* Monitoring, analytics, and visualization of service telemetry
* Big data / machine learning
Your job will be to design and build the systems that operates hundreds of thousands of servers, millions of cores, and exabytes of storage, in our own data centers as well as inside public cloud providers like AWS.
* Implement code fixes under the direction of software architects and senior developers
* Develop well-tuned code that may be included as part of our next software release
* Contribute to our suite of automated tests and testing infrastructure
* Enrolled in sophomore year or higher at a college/university or any year at a graduate school
* Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
* Academic or professional/internship experience with Java
* Understanding of object-oriented programming/design
* Working knowledge of HTML and web technologies
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Be a self-starter and possess strong sense of self-motivation
* Coursework in SQL, relational database and distributed systems concepts
Salesforce's global university recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating next generation talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company.
With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.