Workers Compensation/Leave Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/16/2017
MTD Products Inc
Valley City, OH
Plans, organizes, administers and supervises Workers Compensation Program including reviewing and processing claims, participating in settlement negotiations, recommending loss control strategies, ensuring program conformance to applicable laws and regulations, preparing required reports, and monitoring and evaluating the program activities to ensure the delivery of quality services.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
* Plan, organize, administer and supervise the Workers Compensation Program, including the review and processing of claims and legal documents, participation in settlement negotiations, recommending loss control strategies, instructing staff on workers compensation issues, and ensuring conformance to applicable laws and regulations while maintaining a high level of customer service.
* Develop, recommend and implement workers compensation policies and procedures; recommend and implement goals and objectives.
* Supervise the management of employee injury cases; investigate or oversee the investigation of claims; develop strategies to handle specific cases in consultation with the appropriate parties.
* Participate in budget preparations and monitor expenditures; determine the extent of the company s liability; recommend and negotiate claim settlements; establish reserves for anticipated costs on cases.
* Interface with physicians, attorneys, employees and management staff; develop and coordinate return-to-work plans; coordinate and monitor rehabilitation plans for injured employees; evaluate results and return-to-work medical examinations and make appropriate determinations.
* Attend workers compensation hearings; manage third-party subrogation cases to seek reimbursement from third parties.
* Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints; evaluate problems and take appropriate action to resolve issues/concerns; advise injured employees of their benefits.
* Stay abreast of trends and innovations in the field of workers compensation administration and keep current on legislative and regulatory issues at the State and Federal level.
* Identify, evaluate and assess probability and severity of losses; develop, implement and monitor cost containment strategies to prevent and minimize losses.
* Conduct research and studies; prepare and present reports and other correspondence as appropriate
* Attend and conduct meetings and lead or participate in discussions regarding workers compensation claims and related information, data and activities.
* Complete required reports and records; authorize payment on medical bills, permanent and temporary disability compensation
* Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and safety regulations including the State Labor Code, Workers Compensation and American with Disabilities Act laws, OSHA and employment laws.
* Medical and technical terminology used in industrial injury cases
* Administrative principles and methods, including goal setting, program and budget development, working planning and organization
* Negotiate settlements
* Plan, organize and direct a Worker s Compensation Program for a large employer
* Proficient in all Microsoft Applications
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
* Bachelors degree preferred
* 5-7 years experience in self-insured and state funded Workers Compensation program required
* Experience within a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
* Experience with managing all aspects of Workers Compensation at multi-site locations preferred
* FMLA, ADA experience preferred
* Up to 25% domestic travel possible
MTD was founded over 80 years ago. Headquartered in Valley City near Cleveland, Ohio, our passion has led MTD to be a worldwide leader of outdoor power equipment with facilities in Europe, Israel, North America, Asia and Australia producing equipment for both residential and commercial markets. We also provide distribution of our products throughout South America.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.