YMCo Director of Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/5/2018
Columbia Distributing Co
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition: Director of Marketing
Reports to: VP -- Portfolio Management
Position Statement: To organize, develop and monitor program tools to achieve objectives for assigned market, customer and channel while effectively communicating to Young's Market Company senior management and field level teams.
Director of Marketing is expected to plan their own time and activities to ensure achievement of Young's Market Company sales and objectives by:
* Plan and build with suppliers, Portfolio Director's, SVP/VP's of Young's Market Company effective programming tools that will insure market share growth and goal attainment
* Have knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; and the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
* Work with Young's Market Company Business Analyst team to insure pricing is within guidelines and competitive and sales tools are built off market data and company strategy
* Attend all Young's Market Company supplier planning meetings and providing input to insure successful programs are built
Director of Marketing is expected to organize and communicate with Business Analyst and Portfolio Director teams to build comprehensive and effectible sales tools that pertain to both on and off premise company objectives by:
* Assist in building cohesiveness between suppliers, Portfolio Director's and execution teams to attain company goals and directives
* Coordinate with Chain Headquarter Team and Chain Field teams weekly, monthly, quarterly team meetings in order to insure programs are communicated in timely and effective manner
* Organize all reports needed for effective supplier review meetings with marketing needs
* Coordinate with Portfolio Director's quarterly and tertile supplier presentations and marketing needs
* Coordinate and purchase all applicable POS and monitor use of to attain Young's Market Company objectives
Director of Marketing is expected to provide tools and marketing materials to be used by field sales teams to execute against Young's Market Company directives and objectives:
* Assist in establishing priorities and maintaining brand standards in the market with all materials produced
* Maintain existing ways of working and procedures while adding enhancements as needed
* Monitor Young's Market Company brand performance to keep brand standards and brand integrity at agreed upon levels with all tools provided to the trade
* Assist in establishing quarterly revenue and brand goals for the on and off premise sales teams
* Monitor price survey's on monthly basis to insure brand alignment to competitive set and build tools to insure Young's Market Company and suppliers maintain competitive advantage in the market
* Monitor and adhere to monthly and annual expense budgets
* Monitor and maintain best use of supplier and internal POS to maximize sales while maintaining brand integrity
* Monitor Nielsen, Market 6, IRI trends to ascertain needs in the market place and tools for execution
Director of Marketing is required to serve as information resource for, and conduit between, Young's Market Chain, Off Premise Independent, and On Premise teams by:
* Imparting knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales tools to sales and management teams
* Establishing and maintaining productive supplier and customer relationships
* Monitoring programming tools and sales team needs to execute against program/plan effectively in the market pricing
* Communicating all sales issues and opportunities for all sales areas to VP of Portfolio Management and Portfolio Director's
* Recapping on a weekly basis all supplier programming tools developed and progress on new tools needed
* Medical, Dental, Vision, RX
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Family and Medical Leave Act
* 401(k) Plan
* Educational Assistance Program
* Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university is preferred.
* 5 years of equivalent experience in retail merchandising role is preferred with a propensity towards marketing concepts of consumer goods
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the common technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. This position also requires the ability to effectively present information and marketing concepts to top management, groups of managers, and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver's license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
* Must have the ability to use software and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment
* Must have the ability to understand and communicate information gathered from Nielsen, Market 6 and any other sales related data
* Must have excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills
* Ability to work with management, colleagues and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
* Ability to lift without restrictions
* Must be a highly self-motivated individual with strong analytical and pro-active problem solving skills
* Change Agility
* High Standards
* Technology Savvy
* Team Player
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled