Zone Leader - Regional Distribution Center - Puyallup, WA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Steelcase Inc.
Inspired by over 100 years of insight, Steelcase leverages the power of place to offer a comprehensive portfolio of workplace, healthcare, and education products, furnishings and services to serve the world's leading organizations. Founded in 1912, Steelcase is the global leader in enhancing how people work, heal, and learn.
We're a globally-integrated organization with nearly 10,000 employees around the world. Our employees are our greatest asset, who showcase a strong commitment to integrity and doing the right thing for their customers, employees, business partners, associates, and neighbors.
Zone Leaders provide first line leadership for a team of distribution center employees. Activities in their assigned zone may be loading & unloading/ work controlled by a flow or pull system or general distribution/shipping work. Their primary objectives are establishing, maintaining and improving standardized work (to maintain flow at takt time), kanban / supermarket systems (pull), or shipping processes. Zone Leaders support the three guiding principles of flow and pull, process discipline, and a culture of improvement.
* Focus on cost, people, speed and quality. ZLs are generally on the floor
* Provide support and quick response for problems questions, suggestions, training needs, and providing catch-up and fill-in to help operators maintain takt.
* Maintaining and improving processes.
* Must understand and be able to have a positive impact on standardized work, flow, pull, elimination of waste.
* Able to effectively use the standard ZL tools appropriate for problem solving, process improvements, to recognize and set priorities regarding manpower and production schedule, and to train in operation and quality standards.
* Requires a thorough knowledge of the requirements and responsibilities of the assigned zone.
* Must be able to lead effective meetings.
* Must be a good leader, motivator and communicator with employees and supervision.
* Understands and is able to implement company processes and best practices
* Able to effectively improve individual performance through feedback delivery.
* Able to lift and carry 50 lbs. from floor to waist; lift 50lbs from waist to shoulders; and push / pull up to 15 lbs.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 2-3 years experience in a distribution/warehouse operation
* One year in a leadership role
Steelcase strongly supports a diverse workplace and welcomes all applicants.
Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing.
To learn more about our company, and our family of brands - including Steelcase , Coalesse , Designtex , Details , PolyVision and Turnstone , please visit our website at www.steelcase.com.