Project Manager III (Air Sep)
Cameron - Buffalo, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
1. Understands and accepts contract requirements definitions which are prepared by the Marketing Department as the Order Write-Up. Marketing is responsible for the technical and commercial aspects of the order as received from the customer and must communicate this initial point clearly to the Project Manager III. The incumbent reviews all contract documents and participates in converting the customer specifications into company language in the Order Write-Up.
2. After acceptance of the initial order, the Project Manager III approves and issues all necessary change orders, technical and commercial. In this regard the incumbent is responsible for all contact with the customer concerning impact on pricing, delivery, technical feasibility and guarantees. Either the incumbent or the Contract Administrator may be the primary contact with the customer on these issues.
3. Maintains an understanding of a specific customer's business, work process, organization and standards.
4. Provides effective communication within both organizations. This involves contract updates with the customer when appropriate and proper definition of contract requirements within Cameron Compression Systems.
5. Attends customer project meetings, when appropriate.
6. Maintains knowledge of various Cameron Compression Systems engineering and production schedules.
7. Inputs to the engineering schedule with determining man-hour requirements.
8. Directs, develops, and motivates a subordinate work force of Engineer(s) capable of meeting the technical requirements of their particular group. Develops and assigns goals and objectives that coincide with the established department goals, holding subordinates accountable for their performance.
9. Provides technical support to Cameron Compression Systems' Product Sales (in a pre-order capacity), Production Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality, Test and Field Service Departments.
10. Comprehends and oversees relevant quality, testing, shipping, erection, start-up, and operation issues.
11. Assists, when appropriate (as in the case of new machine configurations), with on-site erection and commissioning.
12. Communicates with the customer on matters involving engineering, manufacturing, and test schedules.
13. Receives customer inquiries and comments concerning the specific contract.
14. Maintains cognizance of shipping, field service, spare parts and repairs, and warranty claims activity.
15. Participates in customer quality, value engineering and similar programs.