Laboratory Animal Caretaker Job Description
- Feed and water pets kept in cages.
- Examine pets for injury or death.
- Report injuries or deaths to supervisor.
- Check for signs of illness, disease, or injury.
- Clean and disinfect cages.
- Remove feces and urine.
- Ensure food is kept away from potty area.
- Sterilize laboratory equipment.
- Clean wounds.
- Change dressings.
- Provide postoperative care.
- Administer medication orally or topically.
- Prepare samples for laboratory examination.
- Administer medication, immunizations, and blood plasma.
- Check for unusual signs of symptoms.
- Provide emergency first aid.
- Clean and sterilize operating room.
- Perform lab tests.
- Collect blood, urine, and feces specimens.
- Perform enemas, catheterization, and ear flushes.
- Bathe animals.
- Prepare examination rooms.
SoBran is seeking an Animal Care Technician II to serve at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland (LARC 11). OVERVIEW: Responsibilities of this position are t...
SoBran is seeking an Animal Caretaker II to serve at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, Building #33 OVERVIEW: Responsible for all activities required for ...
SoBran is seeking an Animal Care Technician I to serve at the National Institutes of Health in Poolesville, Maryland (LARC 8). OVERVIEW: Responsibilities of this position are th...