Laboratory Technician Job Description
- Perform tests in laboratory.
- Perform the tests to analyze body fluids, tissue, and other substances.
- Examine blood samples to identify the number of cells, the cell morphology or the blood group, blood type, and compatibility with other blood types.
- Green-light blood for transfusion.
- Clean, operate, and sanitize laboratory equipment.
- Enter data from medical tests into computer, where it will go on patient's chart.
- Print out tests and include in chart.
- Discuss results with physicians or nurses.
- Prepare specimens for tests.
- Operate automated analyzers.
- Perform manual tests.
- Collect blood, classify it by type, and prepare blood and its components for transfusions.
- Analyze the chemical and hormonal contents of body fluids.
- Prepare slides of body cells and examine these cells with a microscope for abnormalities that may signal the beginning of a cancerous growth.
- Cut and stain tissue specimens for pathologists, doctors who study cause and development of diseases at a microscopic level.
- Collect blood samples.
- Perform complex protein and nucleic acid tests on cell samples.
- Examine and identify bacteria and other microorganisms.
- Perform tasks such as sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing results in biological, chemical, physical and life sciences.
- Operate centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters.
- Keep laboratory inventory well-stocked.
- Record and interpret results.
Adecco is currently looking for an experienced laboratory technician in the Cincinnati area. As a laboratory technician you will be responsible for general laboratory work. If yo...
We have an excellent opportunity for a Laboratory Technician in our Princeton, NJ location. The Laboratory Technician works under limited supervision of more experienced technical ...
Adecco is currently recruiting for a skilled Laboratory Process Technician. This position pays $15 per hour and requires previous experience in a laboratory setting. SUMMARY O...