Landscape Architect Job Description
- Create aesthetically pleasing landscapes decorated with bushes, shrubs, trees, flowers, and benches.
- Plan the location of buildings, roads, and walkways.
- Prune shrubs and flowers as needed throughout the year.
- Determine best arrangement of roads and buildings.
- Conserve and restore natural resources.
- Create plans that include new topography, vegetation, and walkways.
- Place fountains, bridges, benches, and other decorative features to enhance appearance of park, garden, or building.
- Estimate project expenses and length of project.
- Analyze natural elements of a site, including climate, soil, drainage, and slope of land.
- Modify existing structures.
- Evaluate project's impact on local ecosystem.
- Prepare and submit preliminary designs.
- Use video simulation to help clients envision the proposed ideas and plans.
- Use geographic information systems to large-scale site planning.
- Consult with hydrologists, civil engineers, and architects during project.
- Create miniature models of project for clients.
- Purchase necessary materials.
- Monitor installation of materials.
- Direct construction of the site.
- Improve upon appearance of public parks and waterfronts.
- Preserve and restore wetlands.
- Prepare environmental impact statements.
- Perform studies on environmental issues.
Tracking Code 1413-737 Job Description HOK's Washington, DC office is currently seeking a Landscape Architect to join our team. As a Landscape Architect, you will be respo...
OVERVIEW: Job Summary: Landscape Architect / Project Manager sought to lead high profile public and private sector urban landscape architecture projects. Parks, playgrounds, a...
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our peop...