Lawyer Job Description
- Represent clients in court during criminal and civil trials.
- Specialize in areas such as bankruptcy, probate, international, elder, or environmental law.
- Counsel clients about their legal rights and obligations.
- Suggest courses of action.
- Research the intent of laws and past judicial decisions and incorporate findings into suggestions.
- Apply law to specific circumstances.
- Conduct extensive research before trials.
- Interview clients and witnesses.
- Take statements.
- Prepare opening and closing arguments.
- Confer with judges and other attorneys.
- Present evidence and exhibitions.
- Describe crime scenes.
- Request for evidence to be present for trials.
- Help protect claims to copyrights, programs, and product designs.
- Advise insurance companies about legality of transactions.
- Help companies write policies.
- Protect companies from unwarranted claims.
- Represent companies in court.
- Represent individuals who have been charged with crimes and argue their cases in courts of law.
- Assist clients with litigation, wills, trusts, contracts, mortgages, titles, and leases.
- Advise companies concerning legal issues related to its business activities.
- Advise companies on issues regarding patents, government regulations, contracts with other companies, property interests, or collective-bargaining agreements with unions.
Commercial Lawyer Location: Arlington, VA THE COMPANY Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around t...
Commercial Lawyer Location: Nashville, TN THE COMPANY Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around th...
Job Summary Under technical direction, investigates and maintains Lawyers Professional Liability claims. Works within specific limits of authority on assignments requiring signif...