Lawyer Job Description
- Represent clients in court during criminal and civil trials.
- Specialize in areas such as bankruptcy, probate, international, elder, or environmental law.
- Counsel clients about their legal rights and obligations.
- Suggest courses of action.
- Research the intent of laws and past judicial decisions and incorporate findings into suggestions.
- Apply law to specific circumstances.
- Conduct extensive research before trials.
- Interview clients and witnesses.
- Take statements.
- Prepare opening and closing arguments.
- Confer with judges and other attorneys.
- Present evidence and exhibitions.
- Describe crime scenes.
- Request for evidence to be present for trials.
- Help protect claims to copyrights, programs, and product designs.
- Advise insurance companies about legality of transactions.
- Help companies write policies.
- Protect companies from unwarranted claims.
- Represent companies in court.
- Represent individuals who have been charged with crimes and argue their cases in courts of law.
- Assist clients with litigation, wills, trusts, contracts, mortgages, titles, and leases.
- Advise companies concerning legal issues related to its business activities.
- Advise companies on issues regarding patents, government regulations, contracts with other companies, property interests, or collective-bargaining agreements with unions.
Commercial Lawyer Location: Arlington, VA THE COMPANY Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around t...
Commercial Lawyer Location: Nashville, TN THE COMPANY Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around th...
Nokia, a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things, has an opportunity for an employee benefits attorney who can help support the companys U.S. employee bene...