Legal Assistant Job Description
- Assist attorneys in preparing for trials and court proceedings.
- Support attorneys in a legal office.
- Investigate the facts of cases and ensure that all relevant information is considered.
- Identify appropriate laws, judicial decisions, legal articles, and other materials for assigned cases.
- Compile, analyze, and organize information.
- Gather exhibits.
- Prepare written reports.
- Prepare legal arguments for lawsuits.
- Draft pleadings and motions filed in court.
- Secure affidavits.
- Assist attorneys during trials.
- Organize and track files from case documents and make them available and easily accessible to attorneys.
- Draft contracts, mortgages, and separation agreements.
- Prepare tax returns.
- Establish trust funds.
- Plan estates.
- Supervise other law office employees.
- Delegate responsibilities.
- Maintain financial records.
- Search legal literature stored in computer databases and on CD-ROM.
- Track hours and bill to clients.
Legal Assistant - Deland - up to $15/hour Smaller law firm in the Deland area is looking for a Legal Assistant and is paying up to $15/hour! This law firm is looking for someone...
This Legal Assistant Position Features: ? Professional Work Environment ? Great Location ? Opportunity For Growth ? Great Pay to $32K Rewarding position as legal assistant...
This Legal Assistant Position Features: ? Downtown Location With Plenty Of Shops And Restaurants ? Fun Filled Environment With A Family Atmosphere ? Aggressive Compensation ...