Legal Secretary Job Description
- Support attorneys in a legal setting.
- Prepare correspondence and legal papers such as summonses, complaints, motions, responses, and subpoenas under the supervision of an attorney or a paralegal.
- Review legal journals and assist with legal research.
- Teach how to prepare documents for submission to the courts. .
- Perform transcription and dictation.
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms.
- Alert manager about cancelations or new meetings.
- Manage travel and schedule.
- Handle information requests.
- Prepare correspondence and stuff mail into envelopes.
- Arrange for outgoing mail and packages to be picked up.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Manage spreadsheets.
- Greet and receive visitor.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
- Coordinates office management activities.
- Determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly.
- Prepare agenda for meetings.
- Takes and transcribes dictation.
- Helps prepare office budget.
- Plans events and volunteer activities.
- Maintain office procedures.
- Coordinate travel arrangements; prepares itineraries; prepare, compile and maintain travel vouchers and records.
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopy machine and scanner.
- Coordinate committees and task forces.
- Relay directives, instructions and assignment to executives.
- Receive and relay telephone messages.
- Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
LEGAL SECRETARY Downtown law firm is seeking a full-time legal secretary. Experience preferred. Must have Microsoft Word 10 knowledge. Quest program experience preferred but not r...
span Fortune 500 Company is seeking to fill a Legal Secretary Job in White Plains, NY. br br B Job Description: /B Legal Secretary br B Location: /B White Plains, NY br...
AmLaw 200 law firm is seeking a temporary legal secretary to work a 3-6 month contract assignment. The position will be working for six attorneys in the White Collar Crime group wh...