Legal Secretary Job Description
- Support attorneys in a legal setting.
- Prepare correspondence and legal papers such as summonses, complaints, motions, responses, and subpoenas under the supervision of an attorney or a paralegal.
- Review legal journals and assist with legal research.
- Teach how to prepare documents for submission to the courts. .
- Perform transcription and dictation.
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms.
- Alert manager about cancelations or new meetings.
- Manage travel and schedule.
- Handle information requests.
- Prepare correspondence and stuff mail into envelopes.
- Arrange for outgoing mail and packages to be picked up.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Manage spreadsheets.
- Greet and receive visitor.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
- Coordinates office management activities.
- Determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly.
- Prepare agenda for meetings.
- Takes and transcribes dictation.
- Helps prepare office budget.
- Plans events and volunteer activities.
- Maintain office procedures.
- Coordinate travel arrangements; prepares itineraries; prepare, compile and maintain travel vouchers and records.
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopy machine and scanner.
- Coordinate committees and task forces.
- Relay directives, instructions and assignment to executives.
- Receive and relay telephone messages.
- Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
Jackson Lewis P.C. is an employment law firm that represents management exclusively in every aspect of employment, benefits, labor and immigration law and related litigation. With...
Jackson Lewis is a nationwide law firm dedicated to representing management exclusively in workplace law and related litigation. With 56+ offices and 800+ attorneys, we are contin...
Position Summary The Interlibrary Loan Librarian assists attorneys and firm staff with information requests. As the most junior member of the Library’s research team, this indivi...