- Job Descriptions
- Legal Support Worker
Responsible for supporting lawyers and performing various tasks, including filing documents and performing legal research.
- Perform various administrative and clerical tasks for lawyers.
- Identify appropriate laws, judicial decisions, legal articles, and other materials for assigned cases.
- Compile, analyze, and organize information.
- Gather exhibits.
- Prepare written reports.
- Prepare legal arguments for lawsuits.
- Draft pleadings and motions filed in court.
- Secure affidavits.
- Assist attorneys during trials.
- Organize and track files from case documents and make them available and easily accessible to attorneys.
- Draft contracts, mortgages, and separation agreements.
- Prepare tax returns.
- Establish trust funds.
- Plan estates.
- Supervise other law office employees.
- Delegate responsibilities.
- Maintain financial records.
- Search legal literature stored in computer databases and on CD-ROM.
- Track hours and bill to clients.
- Perform duties delegated by supervisory staff.