Librarian Job Description
- Help the public access information within a library.
- Check out books, magazines, eReaders, and other materials for patrons.
- Search for, acquire, and provide information regarding various inquiries.
- Help users navigate the Internet, make copies using a copier, and check in books.
- Acquire, prepare, and classify materials.
- Write abstracts and summaries.
- Oversee the management and planning of libraries.
- Negotiate contracts for services, materials, and equipment.
- Supervise library employees.
- Perform public relations and fundraising.
- Raise awareness about events and lectures at the library.
- Prepare budgets and direct activities.
- Read book reviews.
- Recommend books and novellas to patrons.
- Select and purchase materials from publishers, wholesalers, and distributors.
- Enter classification information and descriptions of materials into electronic catalogs.
- Analyze collections and compile lists of books, periodicals, articles, audiovisual materials, and electronic resources on particular subjects.
- Collect and organize books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other materials in a specific field, such as rare books, genealogy, or music.
- Conduct classes.
- Write grants to gain funding for research.
- Maintain computerized databases.
- Develop and index databases and help train users to develop searching skills.
Department: CMH LIBRARY SERVICES Schedule: Full Time 60-80 Shift: Day shift Hours: 8-4:30 Job Details: * Job Responsibilities: This Librarian works ...
The Librarian will report to the Executive Director of CEHD and be responsible for coordinating research requests from a Professor of Economics, and the Center's researchers. These...
Job Description Walden University invites nominations and applications for the position of University Librarian. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Center for Student S...