Library Assistant - Clerical Job Description
- Order and process new materials and equipment.
- Stock or shelve items.
- Fax or make copies for patrons.
- Mend damaged books.
- Prepare books for binding.
- Process and maintain periodical files.
- Assist students with locating information.
- Help patrons locate print and non-print resources.
- Check books in and out using computer system.
- Maintain records of overdue materials.
- Process fines and accept payments.
- Patrol library and ensure rules are being followed.
- Perform typing and keyboarding duties.
- Change bulbs in lights.
- Train staff to use online catalog.
- Check out equipment.
- Provide assistance with multimedia use.
- Administer library programs.
- Handle interlibrary loan requests.
- Prepare invoices.
- Code library materials.
- Register new patrons and issue library cards.
- Answer questions and refer patrons to librarian.
Circulation TechnicianPURPOSE OF POSITIONThis position serves the public by charging library materials to borrowers, discharging returned materials, registering borrowers, assistin...
Job Number 20160463 Number of Hires Single Hire Job Open Date 09-07-2016 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Primary Consider...
Job Number 20160406 Number of Hires Single Hire Job Open Date 08-15-2016 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Primary Consider...