Responsible for performing routine clerical duties within the library and assisting library staff. Assists students and patrons with locating information, stocks shelves, and checks out books and materials.
- Order and process new materials and equipment.
- Stock or shelve items.
- Fax or make copies for patrons.
- Mend damaged books.
- Prepare books for binding.
- Process and maintain periodical files.
- Assist students with locating information.
- Help patrons locate print and non-print resources.
- Check books in and out using computer system.
- Maintain records of overdue materials.
- Process fines and accept payments.
- Patrol library and ensure rules are being followed.
- Perform typing and keyboarding duties.
- Change bulbs in lights.
- Train staff to use online catalog.
- Check out equipment.
- Provide assistance with multimedia use.
- Administer library programs.
- Handle interlibrary loan requests.
- Prepare invoices.
- Code library materials.
- Register new patrons and issue library cards.
- Answer questions and refer patrons to librarian.