- Job Descriptions
- Licensing Examiner/Inspector
Responsible for assisting individuals in obtaining licenses. Evaluates documents to determine eligibility for licenses or permits.
- Determine if applicants are eligible for licenses or permits.
- Dispense paperwork to applicant.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete.
- Administer oral, written, road, or flight tests to applicants.
- Determine if exams were passed or failed.
- Inform licensees of license and permit regulations.
- Confer with and interview officials, technical or professional specialists, and applicants, in order to obtain information or to clarify facts relevant to licensing decisions.
- Determine if applicant qualifies for a passport.
- Address concerns or discrepancies with applicant.
- Prepare correspondence to inform applicant of decision.
- Observe equipment operation.
- Score tests.
- Report regulation violations.
- Verify valid licenses and permits are displayed in establishments.
- Address concerns about eligibility issues.
- Ensure all paperwork is updated.
- Renew licenses and permits as needed.