Life Scientist Job Description
- Broaden scientific understanding of the neurosciences, plant sciences, physiology, pharmacology, cancer studies, microbiology, genomics, bioinformatics, biotechnology and stem cell research through experimentation.
- Carry out lengthy research projects to develop new products, processes, and applications.
- Disseminate information to professional colleagues.
- Draw up new research proposals.
- Apply for funds and grants.
- Explore the factors surrounding life in general and find ways to improve it and possibly correct imperfections in the overall balance.
- Examine the anatomy, physiology and biochemistry of humans, animals, plants and other living organisms to better understand how living organisms function.
- Investigate the effects of environmental factors, such as rainfall, temperature, sunlight, soil, topography and disease, on plant growth.
- Take on experiments to study, measure and understand marine animals and plants.
- Examine micro-organisms, such as bacteria, fungi, yeast and their enzymes, and then create and develop new and improve existing products, materials and processes.
- Examine bodily organs and tissues by observation, dissection and microscopic examination.
- Investigate the interrelationships between animals in their natural surroundings, in captivity and in laboratories.
- Present findings at scientific meetings and conferences.
PRIMARY ROLE: Responsible for the management and oversight of PV Scientist Leads in designated therapeutic areas, ensuring high quality of development aggregate report production,...
EMD Millipore is searching for an application development scientist within our Research Content and Reagents business field supporting our RNA detection group. We are seeking a ...
PRIMARY ROLE: Provide strategic, scientific oversight and management to PV Scientists in designated therapeutic area teams, ensuring high quality of development aggregate report p...