Responsible for loading coal, rock, or ore into an underground loading machine. Loads materials into shuttle or mine car.
- Load objects such as coal and rock into shuttle or mine car using an underground loading machine.
- Utilize equipment such as power shovels, hoisting engines equipped with cable-drawn scraper or scoop, or machines equipped with gathering arms and conveyor.
- Put loosened material from roof into machines.
- Operate levers to move conveyor booms or shovels so that mine contents such as coal, rock, and ore can be placed into cars or onto conveyors.
- Repair or replace bulbs, gathering arm teeth, and hydraulic hoses.
- Gather material and place it onto cars.
- Clean debris from hoppers.
- Clean up debris from conveyors and crushers.
- Adjust conveyors and crushers as needed.
- Oil and lubricate belts, conveyors, and other equipment.
- Remove trailing cables.
- Remove all obstructions using safety equipment.
- Operate winch to place cars under boom-conveyors.
- Start conveyor booms.
- Operate gathering-arm motors.