- Job Descriptions
- Loan Interviewer
Responsible for obtaining all pertinent information related to loan applications, including income, personal data, and references. Prepare and type loan applications and submit for approval.
- Interview applicants to obtain information for loan applications.
- Verify all information is complete and accurate.
- Ensure all closing documents are included in packet.
- Type loan applications, closing documents, notices, letters, forms, and legal documents.
- Check references to verify income status and lending feasibility.
- Compile documents such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms, and tax receipts.
- Record and file all applications.
- Submit for underwriting approval.
- Inform clients of acceptance or rejection.
- Include information as to why applicant was rejected.
- Contact credit bureaus, employers, and other sources in order to check applicants' credit and personal references.
- Oversee closings of mortgages.
- Inform applicants of loan and repayment schedules.
- Order property insurance or mortgage insurance policies.
- Keep meticulous files on loan records.
- Review records to determine delinquent accounts and submit notices.
- Accept and record payments.
- Forward background investigations to appraisal department.
- Complete transactions between loan establishment, borrowers, and sellers upon approval of loan.
- Request copies of credit reports for files.
- Enter the collected data into the lending software system.