Mail Clerk Job Description
- Sort and collate mail.
- Place mail in proper buckets for distribution.
- Open envelopes.
- Dispose of junk mail.
- Date stamp all incoming mail.
- Sort mail such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments.
- Complete incorrect returned mail.
- Receive outgoing mail and apply correct postage.
- Arrange for pickup of outgoing mail.
- Stamp mail with postage meters.
- Fold letters, circulars, or other documents and insert into envelopes for distribution.
- Weigh mail to determine correct postage.
- Place mail in metal bins and carry to departments for distribution.
- Record registered mail.
- Stock copy rooms and printing devices.
- Ensure office is adequately stocked with mail supplies.
- Use fax and scanning machines.
- Check mail for contraband.
Carl Zeiss Microscopy, LLC, located in Thornwood, New York, provides industry-leading and innovative microscopy and imaging solutions for bioscience, materials and industrial resea...
Office Services Clerk sought for a fast-paced work environment participating with a collegial team of professionals in support of variety of office needs. The applicant selected f...
Office Services Clerk sought for a fast-paced work environment participating with a collegial team of professionals in support of a variety of office needs. The applicant selected...