Mail Clerk Job Description
- Sort and collate mail.
- Place mail in proper buckets for distribution.
- Open envelopes.
- Dispose of junk mail.
- Date stamp all incoming mail.
- Sort mail such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments.
- Complete incorrect returned mail.
- Receive outgoing mail and apply correct postage.
- Arrange for pickup of outgoing mail.
- Stamp mail with postage meters.
- Fold letters, circulars, or other documents and insert into envelopes for distribution.
- Weigh mail to determine correct postage.
- Place mail in metal bins and carry to departments for distribution.
- Record registered mail.
- Stock copy rooms and printing devices.
- Ensure office is adequately stocked with mail supplies.
- Use fax and scanning machines.
- Check mail for contraband.
We are looking for an Office Services Clerk to join our team in Washington D.C. POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES • Ensures incoming and outgoing faxes are handled appropriately and w...
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving more than 200 commercial and government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness throug...
Job Description: JOB TITLE: MAIL CLERK JOB PURPOSE: The Mail Clerk sorts internal mail and delivers it to the destination, often using a cart to carry the ma...