Mail Clerk Job Description
- Sort and collate mail.
- Place mail in proper buckets for distribution.
- Open envelopes.
- Dispose of junk mail.
- Date stamp all incoming mail.
- Sort mail such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments.
- Complete incorrect returned mail.
- Receive outgoing mail and apply correct postage.
- Arrange for pickup of outgoing mail.
- Stamp mail with postage meters.
- Fold letters, circulars, or other documents and insert into envelopes for distribution.
- Weigh mail to determine correct postage.
- Place mail in metal bins and carry to departments for distribution.
- Record registered mail.
- Stock copy rooms and printing devices.
- Ensure office is adequately stocked with mail supplies.
- Use fax and scanning machines.
- Check mail for contraband.
Cherokee Nation 3S, LLC (CN3S), the latest addition into the Cherokee Nation Environmental and Construction Portfolio, is wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation. Our offices are conve...
Job Description: JOB TITLE: MAIL CLERK JOB PURPOSE: The Mail Clerk sorts internal mail and delivers it to the destination, often using a cart to carry the ma...
Job Description: JOB TITLE: Mail Clerk (MC) Shift: 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday JOB PURPOSE: The MC sorts internal mail and delivers it to the destinati...