Marine Architect Job Description
- Design and build basic structure of ships and boats.
- Design and supervise construction of aircraft carriers, submarines, sailboats, and tankers.
- Design the form and stability of hulls.
- Develop sectional and waterline curves of hull to establish center of gravity.
- Design propulsion and steering systems.
- Establish arrangement of boiler room equipment and propulsion machinery.
- Operate or supervise the operation of marine machinery on ships.
- Select materials and write specifications for suppliers and construction workers.
- Design cargo space, passenger compartments, and ladder wells.
- Remodel vessels.
- Perform repairs as necessary.
- Research use of new materials and techniques.
- Design yachts and freight vessels.
- Launch sea trials to determine if anything needs to be modified.
- Design offshore drilling platforms.
- Use complex mathematical and physical models to ensure that the ship's design is satisfactory.
- Perform maritime research.
- Undertake risk analysis assessment of ships and other marine vessels.
Position Summary: Through hands-on training the Entry Level Naval Architect will develop the skills needed to oversee construction, modification, and repair of marine craft a...
Description: The facilities area has been an increasingly important area of our business with many opportunities for growth and improvement. The continuity of infrastructure system...
For more than half a century, Tyco has been delivering the latest solutions to unique business challenges. Today, our passion to protect what matters most is stronger than ever. Ty...