- Job Descriptions
- Market Analyst
Responsible for performing research and providing insights regarding the market, trends, competitors, potential and existing customers, and current campaigns.
- Examine a campaign's return on investment.
- Identify new market opportunities.
- Complete concept-testing for new products.
- Perform extensive market research.
- Determine brand perceptions and reputations.
- Evaluate market penetration.
- Develop groups and solicit customer feedback.
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause and effect relationships.
- Identify positive financial outcomes to increase profitability.
- Create databases and capture market data.
- Analyze competitors.
- Assess client's promotional needs.
- Evaluate demographics, prices, distribution channels, and marketing outlets.
- Develop sales strategies in tandem with marketing department.
- Meet with clients to ascertain marketing goals.
- Create questionnaires and surveys.
- Conduct secondary research, including finding information from industry associations, statisticians and marketing experts.
- Generate reports that analyze competition and customers.
- Offer insights about product potentials.
- Be familiar with advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies, along with common computer programs.