Responsible for developing a particular market segment for a company. Promotes products and services to potential and existing customers.
- Assist with developing the market for client or company.
- Focus on growing existing accounts and acquiring new clients.
- Conduct meetings.
- Make sales presentations.
- Sell general or direct response print ads to a weekly or monthly publication.
- Generate and describe creative, results-focused marketing concepts to a diverse client base.
- Sell air time on television and radio programs.
- Handle incoming inquiries to buy ad space.
- Book sales appointments.
- Walk door-to-door and solicit business.
- Present sample ads to the client.
- Assess client's promotional needs.
- Evaluate demographics, prices, distribution channels, and marketing outlets.
- Develop sales strategies in tandem with marketing department.
- Meet with clients to ascertain marketing goals.
- Create questionnaires and surveys.
- Conduct secondary research, including finding information from industry associations, statisticians and marketing experts.
- Generate reports that analyze competition and customers.
- Offer insights about product potentials.
- Be familiar with advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies, along with common computer programs.