Responsible for performing market research to determine how people perceive products and services. Helps companies understand what types of products people want or need.
- Perform market research.
- Determine who will buy products and at what price.
- Advise on pricing strategies.
- Gather statistical data on competitors.
- Examine prices, methods of marketing, and sales.
- Analyze data on past sales to predict future sales.
- Obtain data to design surveys and assess consumer preferences.
- Devise focus group discussions, mail responses, and set up booths at public places.
- Conduct surveys.
- Make recommendations to client or employer.
- Provide companies with vital information to help them make decisions on the promotion, distribution, and design of products or services.
- Increase public demand for products.
- Determine whether companies should add new lines of merchandise.
- Open new branches.
- Help develop advertising brochures, sales plans, and product promotions.
- Develop rebates, giveaways, and other incentives.
- Gather information to help make fiscal or policy decisions, measure the effectiveness of those decisions, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Conduct opinion research to determine public attitudes on a variety of issues.
- Supervise interviewers.
- Design surveys in many different formats.