Responsible for examining and inspecting materials and parts to discover defects, wear, and tear. Ensures products or parts conform to work orders, specifications, blueprints, and templates.
- Inspect materials and finished parts.
- Determine if product or part is in conformance with specifications.
- Adjust process or assembly equipment.
- Collect samples for testing.
- Interpret and analyze findings.
- Read and adjust dials.
- Verify if equipment is functioning.
- Select data for sampling.
- Change specifications.
- Test finished products, components, and assembles.
- Verify adherence to function specs.
- Monitor production operations.
- Ensure proper assembly of parts.
- Mark items for acceptance or rejection.
- Pull faulty products off production line.
- Report findings to supervisors.
- Confer with vendors about inspection results.
- Recommend corrective procedures.
- Compile reports.
- Supervise drilling activities.
- Operate machinery and equipment.
- Fabricate, install, and connect components.
- Identify non-conforming material/product and take appropriate action.
- Ensure that materials supplied by contractors and producers meet standards and comply with specifications.
- Operate nuclear gauges.