Materials Manager Job Description
- Purchase high-quality equipment.
- Study historical sales records.
- Take stock of inventory.
- Consider best price, quality, availability, and reliability when purchasing products.
- Arrange for safe transport of equipment.
- Ensure materials and parts in the supply chain meet the minimum requirements for quality assurance standards.
- Test materials and parts.
- Place purchase orders.
- Develop policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, inventory control, receiving, storage and distribution, of supplies throughout the hospital.
- Interface directly with all departments in the hospital with regards to materials that have been requested to ascertain specifications and need.
- Maintain adequate supply levels throughout the hospital.
- Coordinate the maintenance of supplies in the hospital in emergency situations.
- Maintain sources of emergency supply items from other health facilities and vendors.
- Request proposals from various manufacturers and distributors for all supplies and equipment throughout the hospital.
- Follow established safe practices for receiving hazardous substances.
- Coordinate productive hours, space, equipment and expense as they relate to materials department.
JOB SUMMARY: The Purchasing Assistant position coordinates all phases of procurement of materials and goods by completing all necessary processes including purchase requisitions, v...
- Responsible for preparing proposal, presentation, and communication materials - Coordinates the distribution of internal and external marketing literature - Manages advertising...
Responsible for creation of new bill of materials (BOM) and broken BOM fixes in Xilinx Product Management (XPM) system based on Standard Operating Process. Performs update...