Materials Manager Job Description
- Purchase high-quality equipment.
- Study historical sales records.
- Take stock of inventory.
- Consider best price, quality, availability, and reliability when purchasing products.
- Arrange for safe transport of equipment.
- Ensure materials and parts in the supply chain meet the minimum requirements for quality assurance standards.
- Test materials and parts.
- Place purchase orders.
- Develop policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, inventory control, receiving, storage and distribution, of supplies throughout the hospital.
- Interface directly with all departments in the hospital with regards to materials that have been requested to ascertain specifications and need.
- Maintain adequate supply levels throughout the hospital.
- Coordinate the maintenance of supplies in the hospital in emergency situations.
- Maintain sources of emergency supply items from other health facilities and vendors.
- Request proposals from various manufacturers and distributors for all supplies and equipment throughout the hospital.
- Follow established safe practices for receiving hazardous substances.
- Coordinate productive hours, space, equipment and expense as they relate to materials department.
MATERIALS MANAGER SUMMARY: The Materials Manager manages all material functions for the plant. They will evaluate and develop processes and procedures to manage material function...
The Manager of Materials is responsible for the execution of supporting activities for the business including warehouse management, inventor y control, shipping, receiving, tool cr...
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES * Lead production planning and scheduling. Develop best practice material replenishment systems to ensure material availability to achieve production plan whi...