Mates Job Description
- Assist in navigating and maneuvering vessel.
- Cleans and maintains vessel.
- Assigns crew to tasks.
- Supervises and performs routine shipboard maintenance as required.
- Launch and recover submersibles.
- Carry out captain's orders.
- Work with chefs, stewards, engineers, and deckhands.
- Act as second in command if captain is incapacitated.
- Plan the day's work and activities.
- Solve problems that come up.
- Maintain deck log.
- Run safety drills.
- Train, direct, and supervise personnel in ship's maintenance duties in all activities relating to marlinspike, deck, boat seamanship, painting, upkeep of ship's external structure, rigging, deck equipment, and boats.
- Act as petty officer-in-charge of picket boats, self-propelled barges, tugs, and other yard and district craft.
Tracking Code 49-293 Job Description We are looking for officers with at least two years experience as a CM or Master on a tanker. Required Skills * Unlimited USCG C...
Supervise and coordinate activities of crew aboard ships, boats, barges, or dredges. Need 1 year of physical labor experience. You must be registered online at www.oet.ky.gov i...
Tracking Code 50-293 Job Description We are looking for officers with at least two years experience as a CM or Master on a tanker. Required Skills * Unlimited USCG M...