- Job Descriptions
- Mechanical Drafter
Responsible for creating drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of machinery and mechanical devices.
- Develop detailed designs for mechanical equipment and controls.
- Provide details on component descriptions.
- Resolve design problems.
- Review and analyze specifications.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery.
- Compute dimensions of materials and purchase accordingly.
- Correct operating deficiencies.
- Draft technical details.
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures.
- Draw in minute details of structures.
- Design the parts of a machine.
- Consult technical handbooks and tables while in drafting phase.
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Create and store drawings electronically.
- Program drawings into automated manufacturing systems.
- Prepare variations of design.
- Explain concepts to manufacturers.
- Prepare engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications.