- Job Descriptions
- Mechanical Inspector
Responsible for inspecting machines to ensure that mechanical and other related codes are met. Performs on-site inspections of mechanical systems and recommends steps to improve machine.
- Inspect machines to ensure they are up to code.
- Visit sites to perform inspections.
- Examine fixtures of machines.
- Investigate code compliance complaints and resolve or refers complaints to appropriate staff.
- Inspect storage tanks, fittings, towers, and pipelines.
- Examine instrumentation, valves, and fittings for defects, such as cracks, corrosion, and leaks.
- Drill test holes.
- Take samples.
- Test for rate of corrosion.
- Verify extent of damages.
- Prepare inspection reports.
- Inspect materials, products, and work in progress for conformance to specifications.
- Check heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Inspect automotive equipment.
- Interpret all mechanical drawings and their change documentation.
- Use route sheets and inspection logs.
- Examine plans, blueprints, tracings, sketches and specifications prior to issuance of permits.
- Interpret codes and ordinance requirements.
- Discuss disapproved items with architects, engineers, contractors and/or owner builders to obtain plan changes necessary for approval.