Media Buyer Job Description
- Reach highest number of people with lowest-priced ad possible.
- Identify target audience.
- Coordinate launch of media campaigns with marketing, communications, and sales departments.
- Decide how best way to communicate message.
- Keep abreast of industry figures, including distribution and audience figures.
- Monitor buying strategies.
- Monitor and optimize effectiveness of campaigns.
- Build relationships with media sales companies.
- Negotiate rates with media sales companies to obtain most competitive prices.
- Find a combination of media that will enable the marketer to communicate the message.
- Buy advertising space in magazines or newspapers.
- Purchase advertising time on radio.
- Collect information about the kinds of audiences that can be reached by the different media and the approximate size of those audiences.
- Use a combination of several different kinds of media to reach different audiences.
- Gain client approval for each campaign phase.
- Work with media sales workers employed by newspapers, magazines, cable services, and radio and television stations.
- Track down and buy space in print publications or television markets.
- Resell space to advertising agencies.
- Recommend which days and times ads should run.
- Prepare advertising schedules.
OBJECTIVE: The Media Planner & Buyer position will be responsible for the development and management of digital media campaigns with a strong focus on mobile and direct response. T...
Our client is an innovative venture funded startup in the recruitment marketing industry. They provide a mobile-first candidate network where hourly and on-demand workers can maint...
FIDELIS CARE OFFERS QUALITY, AFFORDABLE COVERAGE TO RESIDENTS ACROSS THE STATE OF NEW YORK, INCLUDING PRODUCTS AVAILABLE THROUGH MEDICAID, MEDICARE AND THE NY STATE OF HEALTH. FIDE...