Job SummaryResponsible for managing the media department, including media buying and planning initiatives. Devises plans for media buying, places ads, and ensures ad buying stays within budget.
- Attend strategy meetings and brainstorm on media buying initiatives and suggestions.
- Discuss projects with clients.
- Manage media department.
- Train and supervise media department employees.
- Coordinate launch of media campaigns with marketing, communications, and sales departments.
- Decide how best way to communicate message.
- Keep abreast of industry figures, including distribution and audience figures.
- Monitor buying strategies.
- Monitor and optimize effectiveness of campaigns.
- Build relationships with media sales companies.
- Negotiate rates with media sales companies to obtain most competitive prices.
- Find a combination of media that will enable the marketer to communicate the message.
- Buy advertising space in magazines or newspapers.
- Purchase advertising time on radio.
- Collect information about the kinds of audiences that can be reached by the different media and the approximate size of those audiences.
- Use a combination of several different kinds of media to reach different audiences.
- Gain client approval for each campaign phase.
- Work with media sales workers employed by newspapers, magazines, cable services, and radio and television stations.
- Track down and buy space in print publications or television markets.
- Resell space to advertising agencies.
- Recommend which days and times ads should run.