Medical Appliance Technician Job Description
- Repair medical support devices, including braces, orthotics and prosthetic devices, joints, arch supports, and other surgical and medical appliances.
- Make or prepare prosthetics.
- Measure patients' limbs before setting device.
- Prepare parts using thermosetting materials.
- Read prescriptions and interpret instructions.
- Determine type of product or appliance to be fabricated.
- Repair or adjust medical support devices.
- Inform patients on how to use device.
- Bend, smooth, shape, and form fabric and material.
- Drill and tap holes for rivets and glue, weld, bolt, or rivet parts together to form prosthetic or orthotic devices.
- Mark dimensions and parts of product.
- Construct plaster casts of impressions of limbs and torsos.
- Use digital scans of the patient's body to create the needed product.
- Utilize techniques such as welding, carving, grinding or cutting to craft materials into desired form.
- Create and apply requested cosmetic covers.
- Apply desired color to product.
We are looking for skilled Appliance Repair Technicians in the Charlotte, NC area. We provide you with a company work vehicle, gas card, tools, laptop, uniforms, and cell phone!...
Assists orthopedic provider to apply, adjust, and remove casts, splints, slings, and orthopedic appliances. Maintains materials and supplies needed to perform orthopedic procedures...
OVERVIEW: The Home Delivery Senior Technician is critical to the Field Services organization. The Senior Technician provides education to new hires and all employees regarding n...