Medical Equipment Preparer Job Description
- Examine medical equipment for malfunctions, leaks, loose parts, or general disrepair.
- Clean and sterilize instruments.
- Replace outdated supplies.
- Stock carts.
- Assemble equipment such as surgical instrument trays.
- Fill special requests.
- Report defective equipment and order repairs.
- Flush water through equipment to purge waste.
- Deliver medical equipment to healthcare facilities.
- Use sterilizers, aerators, and washers to clean and sterilize medical equipment.
- Work with equipment such as respirators, hospital beds, wheelchairs and oxygen and dialysis machines.
- Deliver equipment to residences and help with installation.
- Maintain inventory and equipment usage records.
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves.
- Start equipment and observe gauges and equipment operation.
Perform services as part of a project delivery team during the construction and the initial outfitting and transition phases of the project as specifically related to medical / med...
Prepares, processes, maintains and distributes surgical instrumentation and equipment to medical personnel in designated areas of the hospital for the delivery of medical care to o...
Description Collects and prepares blood specimens and other samples for laboratory testing. Maintains collection areas and equipment and performs record keeping duties. Requireme...