Responsible for maintaining and repairing a variety of medical equipment, including electronic, electromechanical, and hydraulic equipment used in hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
- Maintain, calibrate, adjust, and repair medical equipment.
- Repair patient monitors, defibrillators, medical imaging equipment such as x rays, CAT scanners, and ultrasound equipment, voice-controlled operating tables, and electric wheelchairs.
- Repair dental and optometric equipment.
- Use multimeters, software, and computers to communicate with hardware.
- Fix equipment with hand tools, soldering irons, and other electronic tools.
- Perform routine scheduled maintenance.
- Ensure readings are accurate.
- Set up electric hospital beds.
- Make repairs on equipment without disturbing patient.
- Calibrate machines.
- Adjust the mechanical or hydraulic components of machine.
- Adjust software to bring equipment back to calibration.
- Keep records of maintenance.
- Study technical manuals.
- Maintain list of recalls.
- Demonstrate correct operation of equipment.
- Determine condition of used equipment.
- Attend training sessions.
- Remove, repair, or replace defective parts.