- Job Descriptions
- Medical Office Manager
Responsible for the operations and administration side of a medical office. Ensures office is running smoothly by supervising office staff, hires, terminates, and trains employees, and oversees the billing portion of the office.
- Hire, terminate, and train staff in a medical office.
- Supervise secretaries, receptionists, and medical billers and coders.
- Oversee billing, coding, and collections.
- Schedule appointments.
- Maintain medical records.
- Make deposits.
- Reconcile account information.
- Pay medical office bills.
- Arrange cleaning staff.
- Arrange for emergency maintenance visits for building.
- Order medical and office supplies.
- Submit claims to insurance.
- Process company's response to claims.
- Submit billing statements to patients.
- Delegate responsibilities.
- Assess employee performance.
- Perform data entry and processing.
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures.
- Formulate objectives and processes.
- Generate inventory records.
- Provide educational material for patients.