Medical Records Assistant Job Description
- Organize and manage patients' health information data.
- Ensure paperwork is properly filled out.
- Verify accuracy and accessibility of files.
- Ensure all files are secure.
- Communicate with physicians and other healthcare professionals to clarify diagnoses or to obtain additional information.
- Maintain electronic health records (EHR) databases.
- Analyze electronic data.
- Maintain data on patient safety, patterns of disease, and disease treatment and outcome.
- Improve upon EHR software usability.
- Develop and maintain health information networks.
- Codify patients' medical information for reimbursement purposes.
- Assign a code to each diagnosis and procedure by using classification systems software.
- Specialize in cancer registry.
- Maintain facility, regional, and national databases of cancer patients.
- Review patient records and pathology reports and assign codes for the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers and selected benign tumors.
- Conduct annual follow-ups to track treatment, survival, and recovery.
- Calculate survivor rates.
- Identify potential participants for clinical drug trials.
- Locate geographic areas with high incidences of certain cancers.
Carl Zeiss Inc, located in Thornwood, New York, functions as the holding company and service provider for its wholly owned subsidiaries in the United States and Canada. In the mark...
The Senior Submission Associate will support the preparation of electronic regulatory submissions --the submission of these documents through the FDA Electronic Submission Gateway ...
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center/ Cincinnati, OH/ Research Assistant IV to: Design & perform experiments & record data on the fetal immune response to allotransplantat...