Medical Records Assistant Job Description
- Organize and manage patients' health information data.
- Ensure paperwork is properly filled out.
- Verify accuracy and accessibility of files.
- Ensure all files are secure.
- Communicate with physicians and other healthcare professionals to clarify diagnoses or to obtain additional information.
- Maintain electronic health records (EHR) databases.
- Analyze electronic data.
- Maintain data on patient safety, patterns of disease, and disease treatment and outcome.
- Improve upon EHR software usability.
- Develop and maintain health information networks.
- Codify patients' medical information for reimbursement purposes.
- Assign a code to each diagnosis and procedure by using classification systems software.
- Specialize in cancer registry.
- Maintain facility, regional, and national databases of cancer patients.
- Review patient records and pathology reports and assign codes for the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers and selected benign tumors.
- Conduct annual follow-ups to track treatment, survival, and recovery.
- Calculate survivor rates.
- Identify potential participants for clinical drug trials.
- Locate geographic areas with high incidences of certain cancers.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Medical Records Assistant JOBS
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT QUALIFICATIONS: Be a graduate Physician Assistant qualified by academic and practical education to provide patient services as a physician extender under ...
HIM CODING SPECIALIST Terms: fulltime, salary, exempt The primary function of the HIM Coding Specialist to provide accurate ICD-9-CM and ICD-10- CM coding information thro...
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system proj...