Medical Records Assistant Job Description
- Organize and manage patients' health information data.
- Ensure paperwork is properly filled out.
- Verify accuracy and accessibility of files.
- Ensure all files are secure.
- Communicate with physicians and other healthcare professionals to clarify diagnoses or to obtain additional information.
- Maintain electronic health records (EHR) databases.
- Analyze electronic data.
- Maintain data on patient safety, patterns of disease, and disease treatment and outcome.
- Improve upon EHR software usability.
- Develop and maintain health information networks.
- Codify patients' medical information for reimbursement purposes.
- Assign a code to each diagnosis and procedure by using classification systems software.
- Specialize in cancer registry.
- Maintain facility, regional, and national databases of cancer patients.
- Review patient records and pathology reports and assign codes for the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers and selected benign tumors.
- Conduct annual follow-ups to track treatment, survival, and recovery.
- Calculate survivor rates.
- Identify potential participants for clinical drug trials.
- Locate geographic areas with high incidences of certain cancers.
Clinical Pharmacist McConnell AFB, KS Qualifications A Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree in Pharmacy from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Ph...
Physician Health Services (PHS), a nonprofit subsidiary of the Massachusetts Medical Society, provides confidential consultation and support to physicians and medical students faci...
The United States Army Institute of Surgical Research (USAISR) is the national leader in developing cutting-edge medical technology used to treat military and civilian emergency pa...