Responsible for selling medical products and services to hospitals, clinics, doctors' offices, and healthcare professionals. Sells products such as medicines, drugs, and medical equipment to be used in general practices, primary care trusts, hospitals and pharmacies.
- Travel to defined geographies to sell medical equipment.
- Contact potential customers at hospitals, clinics, doctors' offices, rehab facilities, and nursing homes to sell medical products and equipment.
- Arrange appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams.
- Cold-call or go door-to-door.
- Deliver presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the retail sector.
- Build relationships with medical staff.
- Provide competitive information such as bid situations, pricing data, or bundling arrangements in order to establish negotiated pricing contracts for assigned products.
- Perform product demonstrations, installations, and application support.
- Improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Research competitors.
- Gathers, analyzes and delivers information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriated to the Quality and Safety Testing market.
- Coordinate all issues with key clients between sales, service, support, customer services, marketing and finance.
- Take orders and disburse receipts.
- Estimate time and date of delivery.
- Help in the installation and set-up of equipment.
- Stay informed about the activities of health services in a particular area.