Medical Scientist Job Description
- Investigate the cause of disease and how to treat it.
- Develop instruments for medical applications.
- Take samples to identify toxicity, bacteria, or microorganisms or to study cell structure.
- Standardize drug doses and immunization methods for manufacturing drugs and other medicinal compounds.
- Write grant proposals.
- Form hypotheses and develop experiments around them.
- Study biological systems to understand the causes of diseases and other health problems.
- Create a combination of drugs that could slow the progress of the disease.
- Work with the medical scientists to try a new combination of drugs with patients who are willing to participate in the study.
- Write up clinical data and report in findings.
- Study the link between smoking and lung cancer or between alcoholism and liver disease.
- Conduct biomedical research and development to advance knowledge of life processes and living organisms, including viruses, bacteria, and other infectious agents.
- Review drug applications and patents.
- Try to identify changes in a cell or in chromosomes that signal the development of medical problems.
- Explore new areas of research or expanding on specialized research.
- Develop new drugs and medical treatments.
- Express research plans or results to nonscientists who are in a position to reject or approve their ideas.
- - - # Staff Scientist \- Medical Oncology Department: PS Medical Oncology - - - # Description Requisition ID: * * 7962 * * Job Title: * * Staff ...
Role Summary: Performs both routine and complex lab analyses and/or identification procedures on blood, tissue, and body fluids with minimal supervision. Assists management in moni...