Medical Secretary Job Description
- Use medical knowledge to answer questions from patients over the phone.
- Refer patients to nurse on call or page doctor for assistance.
- Transcribe dictation taken by doctor.
- Assist physicians or medical scientists with reports.
- Write speeches, conference proceedings, and articles.
- Schedule hospital visits for patients.
- Record medical history when patient calls in to relay to doctor.
- Stay abreast of current insurance rules and policies.
- Ensure patients are properly billed and procedures coded.
- Order supplies for offices.
- Handle insurance and pharmaceutical reps.
- Send specimens to laboratory.
- Call laboratory for results.
- Maintain office billing practices.
- Record medical charts and pull if necessary.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Schedule surgeries and consultations.
- Help patient obtain referrals and make appointments with specialists.
- Greet visitors.
- Supply patients with immunization records and forms for physicals.
- Prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories and medical records.
- Perform credit and collection duties on overdue accounts.
- Send out bills.
- File insurance for patients.
Job Details Click To View EYE HEALTH SERVICES A group ophthalmology practice, has an immediate opening for: MEDICAL SECRETARY Experienced medical secretarial positi...
Job Description: Click To View EYE HEALTH SERVICES A group ophthalmology practice, has an immediate opening for: MEDICAL SECRETARY Experienced medical secretarial position avail...
span span style='color:#000000;background-color:transparent;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;' We are currently recruiting for a con...