Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
- Transcribe dictated recordings made by physicians and healthcare professionals.
- Listen to medical reports carefully using headset.
- Pause recording using foot pedal.
- Rewind or fast forward tape for clarity.
- Write and produce discharge summaries, medical history and physical examination reports, operative reports, consultation reports, autopsy reports, diagnostic-imaging studies, progress notes, and referral letters.
- Proofread document for errors and grammar.
- Return transcribed documents to point of origin, such as physician or other healthcare professional.
- File document in patient's file.
- Use medical terminology to accurately convey diagnosis or treatment.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations.
- Refer to standard medical reference materials for clarity.
- Comply with specific standards that apply to the style of medical records and to the legal and ethical requirements for keeping patient information confidential.
- Isolate mistakes or inconsistencies in a medical report and correct the information.
- Ensure high-quality patient care.
- Refer to Internet or digital or analog dictating equipment for dictation.
- Work with programmers and information systems staff to stream in voice communication that provides seamless data transfers through network interfaces.
- Utilize speech recognition technology.
Transcribes confidential medical reports or other recorded data and distributes materials.Essential Functions:- Transcribes all relevant report types according to designated priori...
Job Code: 25867-51144 Full-time No Weekends The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easie...
We are currently seeing a part time MEDICAL Transcriptionist for one of our locations in Tampa. Resume MUST reflect a minimum of 2 years experience as a Medical Transcriptionist f...