Responsible for palpating, rubbing, and manipulating the muscles of the body in order to treat sore muscles, reduce stress, rehabilitate patients for sports injuries, treat painful ailments, and promote health and wellness.
- Perform different types of massage techniques on clients, including Swedish massage, deep-tissue massage, reflexology, acupressure, sports massage, and neuromuscular massage.
- Use exaggerated strokes to manipulate muscles.
- Use special techniques to ease pain in specific spots.
- Massage the elderly to promote circulation.
- Conduct interview with client to ascertain medical history, pain, problems, and allergies.
- Recommend beneficial techniques.
- Concentrate on particular areas of discomfort.
- Use massage oils, lotions, or creams to massage and rub the client's muscles.
- Light candles and play relaxing music to create an atmosphere of comfort.
- Have client change into loose-fitting clothes prior to massage.
- Perform sales calls to obtain clients.
- Purchase massage chairs, oils, and creams from vendors.
- Work with athletes to massage cramped, tired, or sore muscles.
- Use massage in rehabilitation techniques.