Responsible for assembling structural metal products using tools, machines, and their own hands. Fabricates various types of products.
- Study and interpret assembly instructions.
- Fabricate frameworks or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, and stacks, and metal parts for buildings and bridges
- Listen to directions from supervisors.
- Fabricate and assemble structural metal products.
- Determine if all parts are present.
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Read parts list.
- Assemble tools and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies.
- Interpret measurements.
- Hammer, grind, and chip workpieces.
- Verify specifications.
- Assemble components.
- Ensure all parts are fitted and screwed in properly.
- Alter dimensions to fit specifications.
- Resolve assembly and production issues.
- Complete preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform repairs as needed.
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe.
- Operate fabricating machines such as rolls, shears, and flame cutters.
- Report errors in product line.
- Check stock to ensure inventory is replenished.
- Complete quality control forms.
- Place orders for supplies.
- Participate in product development.
- Build prototypes and test products.