- Job Descriptions
- Motion Picture Set Worker
"Set up and install propers, equipment, lighting, and cameras during film shoots. Moves dollies and cranes and performs other various duties under director's supervision.
- Set up, install, and arrange film production equipment, including dollies, cranes, and booms.
- Follow work order specifications.
- Install and maneuver props.
- Rig and dismantle set equipment, including scaffolding, platforms, and backdrops.
- Raise and lower stage curtain.
- Raise and lower scenery or props during theater performance.
- Cover props with canvas covers to protect them from weather.
- Load and unload set equipment.
- Ensure electrical equipment is connected to power source.
- Test equipment.
- Perform repairs and ensure equipment is cleaned and functioning properly.
- Sew and repair items using sewing machine.
- Guide cranes and booms using control levers and wheels.
- Ensure camera moves are as seamless as possible.
- Set up sound boards, electrical systems, wardrobe and props.
- Ensure lighting is adequate for each scene.